This season's public program is over
Our event spaces are available for rent.
Art is our first language. Throughout the year, Het HEM presents a range of temporary art programmes as well as more permanent art installations.
There is always music to listen to at Het HEM, with programmes focused on experimental ways to create, present and experience music in the building through listening sessions, live shows, and musical artis-in-residence initiatives.
We are closed at the moment. When we are open again you are welcome for a drink and a bite, wine and dine at our restaurant. With good wether we suggest you settle down on our sunny terrace on the Costa del Zaano.
Het HEM loves books. During your visit, come lose yourself in the library's rich selection or discover new favourites in the SANZ Shop.
The building's industrial design and our experimental art programme bring ambience and meaning to every event.
Situated in a former munitions factory, Het HEM is a new home for contemporary culture.
'Homebase’ Connects the worlds of young multidisciplinary makers of Zaandam with the works and artists of Het HEM. While Het HEM functions as a cultural meeting place for inspiration and creation, the members of Homebase bring a new generation of contemporary artists to the building who would otherwise be unfamiliar with Het HEM. The network of CNCPT is used to scout and bring together the young local artists.
● a podcast serie of four episodes has been made
● we hosted six get togethers - a three hour open brainstorm session with local creatives
● there’s been two editions of the Homebase Connects event
● The second edition of Homebase Connects was in collaboration with Live At The BBQ
● A creative workspace is made in the living room of Het HEM
● There’s a music studio
● The Homebase Music Talent programme is created